[rt-users] Email Response "FROM" name

Steve Kirk skirk at insomniacgames.com
Fri Jun 2 13:02:22 EDT 2006

In the RT_Config.pm, you can set the global email adddress FROM
variable.  The default is "%s via RT", so it would display as "Joe Smith
via RT."

Is there any way to set that at a queue level?

I ask because one of the queues I use is for the public, and we'd rather
have some level of anonimity when we reply to those tickets (it's for
fan email, and some fans get a little fanatical when they have a name to
latch onto).

However, we like the feature for our internal responses - In our old
helpdesk system, people alwasy complained because they never knew who
sent a response from the system if they failed to sign the email.

Thanks,
Steve