[rt-users] Does RT link the original request with other emails received related to the original?

Wagener, Harald hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Jun 15 11:23:02 EDT 2006

Am 15.06.2006 17:08 Uhr schrieb "Kopinesh Patil" unter
<kopinesh.patil at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Sequence of events is as follows:
> 1. Requestor raises a request by emailing to RT
> 2. Owner sends an email from RT to requestor asking for clarifications
> 3. Requestor responds with an email to RT
>
> Is this second email treated as a new request or does RT identify it
> as being linked to the original request (maybe based on the subject)?

Yes.

> Regards,
>
> Kopi Patil
>
> PS: Please forgive me if this is a dumb question. We are evaluating RT
> for an internal administrative services request tracking and the
> ability to link the subsequent emails with the original request is
> CRITICAL.

I recommend you buy the RT Essentials Book. It does cover all the basic
questions for management in the first chapter, which could easily be duped
"Selling RT to the masses".... A link to the book is in the sig added to all
mailing list mails.

Regards,
    Harald

--