[rt-users] Problem with make fixdeps on redhat

Flynn, Timothy J timothy-flynn at uiowa.edu
Tue Jun 20 09:57:50 EDT 2006

I was trying to test rt 3.6.0 and I kept getting CPAN errors with
dependencies.  I rolled back several VM Ware sessions just in case I had
messed something up recently with the same results.  I am on Redhat and
had the exact same issues and results as discussed by Jim Meyer in this
February posting:

http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-February/037648.h
tml

I think there may be an issue with RedHat and the fixdeps process.  As
Jim reported I was able to manually install the modules from CPAN's
command interface but not through the fixdeps process.  I've spent 2
days on this but I was glad to find Jim's work so I had a fix.

Thanks,
-Tim