[rt-users] how's 3.6.0 working for you?

Niels Huylebroeck niels at bubbles-it.be
Wed Jun 21 10:02:25 EDT 2006

Jay Lee wrote:
> On Wed, June 21, 2006 12:06 am, Duncan Shannon wrote:
>
>> Just thought id toss out a message to see if anyone has any comments or
>> feedback about how using 3.6.0 has been going.. esp. as it applies to those
>> upgrading from 3.4.x.

We're upgrading too but with a clean install. (Still find the DB
updating business risky at least, also have never found much info about it)
>> Any wild successes?  Miserable failures?
>>

> I'm still on 3.6rc2 (just need to find time to move to 3.6 final) but our
> staff has given positive feedback to the new features of 3.6.  The ability
> to customize the RT at a glance is wonderful and the new 3.5ish layout is
> also a major plus.  With AJAX becoming more and more popular the interface
> isn't quite what some users wish for but it's very good in my book.
>
> Jay

I agree the features are refreshing to say the least, on the other hand
one could expect something more from a minor version update in
comparison to a patch update.

What is this AJAX you mention ? Is it some type of standard UI guidelines ?

I do want to bring up an issue I didn't have before, pages seem to load
quite a bit slower compared to 3.4.x series. It seems the loading of all
the separately linked .js files slows me down a lot. Also I do not get
any feedback on the screen (besides status bar) until the site is fully
loaded, in the past I could see my list of tickets grow (which annoys me
in another way but that's not an issue here ^^). It almost seems as if I
were using that buffer_ouput() feature like in PHP.

I'm using FastCGI 2.4.2 on a apache 2.0.52 + mod_perl2 with CentOS 4.3.

You can check out the front page if you like,
www.langen{anti-index}berg.be (https connection redirect is on port 444)
remove the {} part.

--
Vriendelijke groeten,          ^ Bubbles IT
                               ^ Oude Heerweg 175

.. Key         : http://www.bubbles-it.be/pgp/niels.asc            ..
.. Fingerprint : 3885 CC0B C7A4 78CC 47DE 47AF 896A 6C40 80FA AF0F ..
.. Keyserver   : http://pgp.mit.edu            Key-ID : 0x80FAAF0F ..

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way
that you actually look forward to the trip.
- Caskie Stinnett, "Out of the Red"