[rt-users] Custom Fields query vs. CLI edit syntax inconsistencies

Philip Kime pkime at Shopzilla.com
Thu Jun 22 15:31:12 EDT 2006

> Why don't they both use the same syntax for referencing custom fields?

I'm not sure that's necessarily a bad thing - the REST syntax for CF
editing is nice and simple for scripting - the curly brackets would make
things more complicated to parse and generally use. When I was deciding
on a format for displaying CFs for the AT REST code, I automatically
chose "CF_" (changed to "CF-" now to match RT 3.6.0) because it's easy
to parse in the REST code and easy to edit in the CLI. All that shell
escaping for curly brackets when you're scripting would make the REST
interface less convenient to use ...

PK