[rt-users] login problem I can't login with root password

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Mar 1 13:15:52 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:11, zhou jian wrote:
> I installed RT3.4.5 again. It will display the right
> version in the login page. However, I still get the
> same error. For avoiding typo, I copy&paste the
> password to the password section. It still doesn't
> work. Could you give me a copy of your httpd.conf and
> RT_SiteConfig.pm(Please ** the ipaddress) for a
> comparative study?

Mine won't help with a password issue because I'm
using apache's authentication with

Set($WebExternalAuth , 1); in RT_SiteConfig.pm and

# no authentication needed for Noauth
  <LocationMatch "/NoAuth">
        Satisfy Any
        Allow from all
   </LocationMatch>
# but login everywhere else
   <Location />
      AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
      AuthType Basic
      Authname Mydomain
          require valid-user
  </Location>

In the relevant VirtualHost section of httpd.conf.  I've
also dropped in mod_auth_pam so apache uses the Linux system
authentication methods configured on the server.  Otherwise
you'd have to point it to a password file there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com