[rt-users] (no subject)

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:28:02 EST 2006

On 3/6/06, pooka at t-online.de <pooka at t-online.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> first of all we're happily using RT for almost a year. It's a great tool!
>
> We are using RT 3.0.12 on freebsd and mysql.
>

> The following task is not trivial to solve for me:
>

> - different groups (think of companies) of RT-user  are using one Queue
> (HW-specific)
>
> - all user could see all Tickets in that queue (Queue.groupright.showTicket)
>
> - now only groups should see Tickets of their group, but no longer see
> Tickets of other groups or user in that queue.
>
> - disabling of showTicket went fine: users are not able to see tickets of
> other users. That's ok. Via role.CC:showTicket  and role.Owner:showTicket
> they also see Tickets, in which they are mentioned as CC:
> So far it's fine.
>
> But how can I make it possible, that users see Tickets of other users in
> their company-group?
You can't do that in one click, but you can do next thing:
1) You write scrip that fetches ticket's requestor(s) and find its
company-group, then adds users from the group to ticket's Requestors
or Ccs list(which one you want, may be you even want AdminCc, but this
sounds bad).
2) you grant Requestor or Cc role with right 'ShowTicket'.

How it works: someone request ticket, you can check from script if
this person is in company-groups and add whole group as ticket's
watchers, at the same time you allow watchers to see tickets they
watch. I've suggested this to other users, but still nobody sent back
to community custom scrip that implements 1).

--
Best regards, Ruslan.