[rt-users] Mail Gateway Help - Angelo Christou <christou44 at yahoo.com>

Newman, Austin anewman at gowithips.com
Fri Mar 10 11:15:40 EST 2006

Angelo:

I have a very similar setup as you do. I use fetchmail to grab messages
from a specific account from an Exchange Server. The ONE thing that DOES
not work in my setup, is that I cannot REPLY to a TICKET or ADD
CORRESPONDENCE to a TICKET via email; I must use the Web Interface after
the TICKET is received into RT. However, this setup works very well for
us. Their may be a way to fix this, but it's been pretty low on my to-do
list.

Here is a snippet from my fetchmailrc configuration file. Note, you
mentioned your Exchange server is OUTSIDE the local network. I don't
know what kind of implications this would entail. You may need (I'm not
an Exchange guru) to enable POP3 access for the specific account on the
Exchange server.

Anyway, here's the snippet:
************
poll     server.yourdomain.com  	   	#Your Exchange Server
protocol pop3					#tell fetchmail what
mail protocol to use
user     username 				#username on the mail
server
pass     top-secret				#password of the user
mda "/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://localhost --queue 'general'
--action correspond "
*************

In order to figure this stuff out, I used:

http://www-zeuthen.desy.de/ape/rt/docs/rt-FAQ.html

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?POP3Mailgate

I think I also used man pages for fetchmail, and for rt-mailgate. I
found the --debug option of rt-mailgate quite useful in getting my
system up and running.

I'm hoping this will help get you off the ground.

Best regards,
Austin

Message: 8