[rt-users] Mail Gateway Help - Angelo Christou<christou44 at yahoo.com>

Fri Mar 10 13:39:22 EST 2006

> [...] I *think* the setup you mentioned would entail setting an MX
> Record in the DNS (can anyone confirm this)

"Maybe."

If there is already an MX for the RT host, it would need to change.

If there is no MX, you *should* not need to add one, provided it has a
correct address record.  However, you said the other host was running
Exchange, and Exchange has a record of ignoring standards when it feels
like it, so it's possible it would require the MX record anyway.

Of course, it may not matter - I think I saw a message saying you'd got
it working....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca