[rt-users] Mail Gateway Help - Angelo Christou<christou44 at yahoo.com>

Newman, Austin anewman at gowithips.com
Fri Mar 10 11:55:34 EST 2006

Lewis said:
Since I don't know anything about exchange maybe I am way off base here
but why can't exchange just forward any mail to the address onto the rt
address on the rt server?

I think that would be a possibility. I actually wanted to go this route,
but my boss was happy using the fetchmail solution.

I am not an expert on this stuff, but I *think* the setup you mentioned
would entail setting an MX Record in the DNS (can anyone confirm this)
(my boss told me DNS was off limits to me). Then I believe you are
correct about Exchange having an option where you could forward to
whatever at rtserver.yourdomain.com. You would also then have to make sure
sendmail, Postfix, Qmail or Procmail were installed correctly on the
rtserver.yourdomain.com.

So, hence, fetchmail basically fits our needs, and wasn't terribly
difficult to setup. Angelo, please let us know how things turn out for
you.

Regards,
Austin