[rt-users] Does "RT Essentials" cover extentions to RT?

Joshua Colson jcolson at realm.ination.cc
Fri Mar 17 17:34:54 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 12:45 -0800, Ken Crocker wrote:
> Joshua,
>
>     Your question seems a bit vague. Your subject mentions "extentions",
> then you mention large sets of functionality. What "kind" of
> functionality? Is it something already being offered in 3.6? Is it
> linking to other systems?
>
> Kenn

My apologies. I've always had a problem with articulating questions.

Basically, what I'm trying to do (unfortunately all of the requirements
have not been defined as yet) is connect to a RETS (Real Estate
Transaction Server) on ticket creation and pull some data (Agent ID,
Agent Name, Listing ID, etc.). I want that data tied to the ticket in
some fashion. I'm not sure yet if it makes sense to define custom fields
for the data or if it should just reference external sources. I also
need the system to take some of the data that it has fetched and
generate faxes and/or print jobs that are automatically handled (handed
off to hylafax/cups/whatever). There are many more requirements, but
that is the idea. Basically inserting functionality in at various points
in the process. I understand that scrips can do most of what I want. I
really was just curious what the book has to say about it because I
would like to buy it, but I don't want it to just sit on my shelf.

Thank you for your input.

--
Joshua Colson <jcolson at realm.ination.cc>