[rt-users] Errors when replying to a ticket with a very long subject

Ted Cabeen ted at impulse.net
Wed Mar 22 19:56:39 EST 2006

Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 03:06:55PM -0800, Ted Cabeen wrote:
>> Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> writes:

>> > What RT and SearchBuilder are you running? What database?
>>
>> DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.38
>> RT 3.4.5
>
> That should be recent enough to do the right thing. What are you seeing
> in your database error logs?

Good question!  That points right at the problem:
ERROR:  value too long for type character varying(100)

My transactions table has data defined as a varchar(100), and in the
current schema for Pg, those fields are varchar(255).

Is anything going to break if I just change the type of the data field
to varchar(255) or text?  Is there any reason those fields are varchar
instead of text?

I should have checked the DB error logs earlier.