[rt-users] RT::Attribute::Name unimplemented error

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 30 16:04:24 EST 2006

At Thursday 3/30/2006 03:47 PM, Bob Goldstein wrote:

>I got it one day.  After some inconclusive debugging, I just
>flushed the mason cache and restarted the server,
>and haven't seen it since.

That may be a coincidence - if I remember correctly, the problem is
somewhere in the API code and/or SB, so flushing the mason cache
wouldn't have any effect. The difficult thing about this problem was
that there didn't seem to be a way to consistently reproduce it.

We finally made it go away by making a minor change in the SB code -
the change was suggested by Jesse and our SB version is 1.36. I don't
know if the fix has made its way into SB 1.40 or not, or if the fix
would work in that version. Anyway, for the record, the change was to
remove this line:

$field = $self->_Accessible($field, "column") if
$self->_Accessible($field, "column");

from near the top of the __Value method in DBIx/SearchBuilder/Record.pm

Good luck,
Steve