[rt-users] How to auto add a watcher?

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Fri Mar 31 08:20:21 EST 2006

>I'm very new to RT and don't know Perl very well.  I got the RT system >installed and running.  I would like to change the way tickets are created >a little bit and need some help.

Congrats! Getting it setup all on your own the first time can be an adventure.

>ones that were created for their company.  I do not want to use a seperate >queue just for them.  The SelfService module, if I can tweek it a little, >would probably be good for this.

Why do you not want to use separate queues?  Im not an RT expert, but im pretty sure that is the easiest way to achieve what you want.

Oh, if you are expecting all the tickets to come from one address, then the SelfService interface would work well. Perhaps you could hack that around a bit.  Set a custom field based on the Requestor, and then hack the SelfService interface to pull everything not based on requestor (assuming that is the way it works now) and pull it based on your custom field.

Good luck.

duncan