[rt-users] How to auto add a watcher?

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 08:50:08 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, Duncan Shannon <dshannon at techfluent.com> wrote:

> >I'm very new to RT and don't know Perl very well. I got the RT system >installed and running. I would like to change the way tickets are created >a little bit and need some help.
>

> Congrats! Getting it setup all on your own the first time can be an adventure.
>
> >ones that were created for their company. I do not want to use a seperate >queue just for them. The SelfService module, if I can tweek it a little, >would probably be good for this.
>
> Why do you not want to use separate queues?  Im not an RT expert, but im pretty sure that is the easiest way to achieve what you want.
It's easy when you work with ten companies, but that's harder when you
work with more then 100, RT is not well suited to work with many
queues. I gave link in other response to this thread with scrip that
adds other users from requestors' organizations to the Cc list of the
ticket. So if you grant Cc role with ShowTicket right then people from
one org would be able to see tickets that were created by other users
from the same org. This solution could be improved and extended, but
it's really task for those who use it.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.