[rt-users] Move tickets between queues

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri May 5 16:54:10 EDT 2006

At Friday 5/5/2006 04:08 PM, Steven E. Ames wrote:
>Followup question that's been bothering me for a bit.
>
>If you change the ticket (using Basics) to a Queue that you don't
>have 'Show Ticket' permissions on then the ticket moves and you are
>given an error when it tries to display it. That seems to make
>sense. However if you give people 'Show Ticket' permissions then all
>the tickets show up on the opening page (top unowned tickets and
>such). So. Two questions:
>
>1. Is there a way to let someone view a ticket in a queue without
>having permissions to search or view that entire queue? or
>2. Is there a way to make that move not try to display a ticket that
>it doesn't have permissions to and instead say something graceful
>like "Ticket Moved to X Queue" and be done with it?
>
>Seeing actual errors bothers people for some reason :)
>
>-Steve

This came up with our users too - the permission denied error message
is a little confusing.

Our solution - a scrip in the receiving queue that automatically puts
the user making the change on to the ticket as an AdminCC. Plus, a
change in the receiving queue's group rights to give the AdminCC role
'ShowTicket'.

For us it is workable because the number of receiving queues for
which this is a problem is small.

Steve