[rt-users] Move tickets between queues

Steven E. Ames sames at officescape.com
Fri May 5 16:08:11 EDT 2006

Followup question that's been bothering me for a bit.

If you change the ticket (using Basics) to a Queue that you don't have 'Show Ticket' permissions on then the ticket moves and you are given an error when it tries to display it. That seems to make sense. However if you give people 'Show Ticket' permissions then all the tickets show up on the opening page (top unowned tickets and such). So. Two questions:

1. Is there a way to let someone view a ticket in a queue without having permissions to search or view that entire queue? or
2. Is there a way to make that move not try to display a ticket that it doesn't have permissions to and instead say something graceful like "Ticket Moved to X Queue" and be done with it?

Seeing actual errors bothers people for some reason :)

-Steve