[rt-users] QueryBuilder::Tree error

Pedro Ferreira pedro_nf at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 03:20:46 EDT 2006

I found this script to delete perl modules, don't
remmember where, sorry for the credits of the
programmer...

[root at guincho perl-utils]# more perl-remove-module.pm

-begin of file------------------------------------

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use ExtUtils::Packlist;
use ExtUtils::Installed;

$ARGV[0] or die "Usage: $0 Module::Name\n";

my $mod = $ARGV[0];

my $inst = ExtUtils::Installed->new();

    foreach my $item (sort($inst->files($mod))) {
             print "removing $item\n";
             unlink $item;
          }

     my $packfile =
$inst->packlist($mod)->packlist_file();
          print "removing $packfile\n";
          unlink $packfile;

-end of file-------------------------------------

--- Scott Courtney <scott at 4th.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 11:26, Pedro Ferreira wrote:
> > Thanks for your help!
> > I tryed to update Tree::Simple and I was getting
> an
> > error so I re-installed perl CPAN, Scalar::Util
> and
> > Tree::Simple, this worked without any errors.
>
> Tree::Simple seems to be the key to the problem, but
> I found that I had to
> physically delete it from the /usr/lib/perl....
> directory tree and then use
> CPAN to reinstalling it. I think once you have a
> version of that module which
> doesn't require weak references, RT will install and
> run cleanly.
>
> > So you say that now if I re-install everything it
> > should work... ok, going to try it, after I'll let
> you
> > know if it worked...
>
> Good luck!
>
> --

> Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft
> making money. I mind them
> scott at 4th.com          | having a bad operating
> system."    -- Linus Torvalds
> http://4th.com/        | ("The Rebel Code," NY
> Times, 21 February 1999)
>                        | PGP Public Key at
> http://4th.com/keys/scott.pubkey

Pedro Ferreira
Grenoble - France

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Einstein

And remember - there are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't!