[rt-users] Multiple tickets per incoming email

Schultz, Eric ESchultz at corp.untd.com
Thu May 18 11:37:18 EDT 2006

> At Thursday 5/18/2006 11:08 AM, Schultz, Eric wrote:
>
> >And I've noticed that this happens for "large" attachments - in some
> >cases at only 2MB, but definitely around the 5 or 10MB
> range.  BTW, this
> >is only for an Oracle backend - I have the exact same
> configuration with
> >a MySQL backend, and there isn't a problem.  Never did
> figure out what
> >the problem was with Oracle, just turned on the attachment size
> >limitation in RT's site config, and made it 1MB.  Never did
> figure out
> >what was wrong with Oracle to cause this, so if this is your
> RDBMS, and
> >you figure it out, I'd love to know :-)  On the plus side,
> it caused me
> >to write some smarter attachment handling code for both the
> web UI and
> >the email interface.
> >
> >Eric Schultz
> >United Online
>
> We are also using Oracle (9.2.0) and I believe the problem is caused
> by large attachments. I don't have any ideas about why Oracle would
> be slow to handle these attachments.
>
> I'd be interested to hear about what you did in the code to handle
> attachments better.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Ideally, I'd put this and other code I've written on the wiki.  But I
don't have an account.  When I tried to create a new page as
AnonymousGnome, I found that there was a content-length limitation, so I
couldn't post everything I did for my change.  People have been asking
for other modifications I have made as well, such as my bulk edit for
custom fields code, or the bugfixes for the mandatory custom field code
that I backported from 3.5.x to 3.4.x.  Etc.

Eric Schultz
United Online