[rt-users] RE :Installation Tips

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue May 23 14:02:59 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 12:46, Frank Pater wrote:

> This is one of the reasons we chose not to use the RPM. The
> regular source install is simple enough with CentOS 4 (you
> can't use the mod_perl RPM, but we didn't have trouble building
> our own mod_perl 2.0.2), and we have a dedicated box for RT,
> so the lack of an RPM is not a big deal. As always, ymmv, but
> we were able to inistall AT and RTx::Shredder with no problems.

I agree that installing RT from source is not a problem, but
it is very nice to have all those perl modules built as
RPMs and automatically pulled in - and in the fedora case know
that there won't be conflicts with the system versions because
they are the system versions.

My production version is hand-installed on Centos with fastcgi
but I'm testing the Centos yum/RPM-install:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RPMInstall which
seems great other than installing AT.  I'm considering
building one using the perl module RPMs but then adding RT
from source so AT will work.

By the way, what's wrong with the stock Centos mod_perl?
Mine is mod_perl-2.0.1-1.rhel4 and seems to work fine.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com