[rt-users] User creation via e-mail

Tomasz Wlodek tomw at bnl.gov
Tue May 23 16:37:28 EDT 2006

Hi,

As far as I can understand when a new user sends e-mail to RT for the
first time he is created in RT databases, but he cannot logon to RT.

But what should I do if I do not want to create users by e-mail? only
registered users should be able to create tickets. If user whose e-mail is
not in RT database sends an e-mail to RT I want the e-mail to bounce,
without creating the user in RT databases.

I do not want the external users to post and create tickets, since this
invites spam. Is there a smimple way to block user creation by e-mail?
There must be, I am sure.

Any hints how to do this?

Tomasz Wlodek                        | tel 631-344-7448
Brookhaven Laboratory, Building 510M | fax 631-344-7616
Upton NY 11973-5000                  |