[rt-users] Need to reset user password in web UI (initial login trouble)

Brendan Arnold brendanarnold at gmail.com
Wed May 31 05:31:18 EDT 2006

Hi there,

When creating a new user as administrator in the web UI I get the user
to add his/her password and save afterwards and logout. When they try
to login they get 'Your username or password is incorrect'. After
logging back in as administrator and getting the user to re-enter
their password a second time and logging out again. The user can now
login.

Interestingly I tried this as a test case with the username 'test' and
password 'test'. The user was created without any problems although
login did not work. When I tried to re-enter the password as
administrator I was given an error which claimed four character was
too short for a password.

Is there a blank space being added to my password?

This occurs in IE and Firefox under Windows. My server details are,

Solaris 9
RT 3.4.5
Perl 5.8.5

Regards,