[rt-users] Tickets private to the owner & requestor

Rick Russell rickr at rice.edu
Thu Nov 2 11:08:54 EST 2006

Changing ownership is a right associated with ModifyTicket, which
requires ShowTicket to be useful.

You could do it with queue rights; give somebody ShowTicket &
ModifyTicket on a Queue (call it "incoming" or something), then they can
assign the owner and move the ticket to a new queue where they do not
have View or Modify rights (call it "in progress" or something).

That's how we handle our Security incident queue. Anybody can put a
ticket in the queue, but the ability to actually view or modify the
tickets is restricted to the security group.

Rick R.