[rt-users] Question about ticket gone CRAZY

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 3 16:25:19 EST 2006

>	I have a ticket that received 2500 replies on accident that I can no
longer manage.  Apparently one of my admins had his personal email
forwarding to his home email which went offline.  I am not sure how it got
into a loop, but it created the monster trail of history that makes it
unloadable.   Is there any way to remove this history and gracefully close
the ticket?  Ideally I could keep the ticket itself, instead of deleting it
from the database, but if that is what it takes J

>	Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
>	-Jay
--------------------------

The RT API allows you to delete transactions - so you could write a perl
script to do that and get the ticket into a state that you can load it in
the web interface.

Given a transaction object $Transaction, the deletion is simply:

$Transaction->Delete();

Good luck -
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)