[rt-users] anyone using opennms?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 14:33:54 EST 2006

Opennms is a java-based network management program that uses
snmp and other tests to detect outages. I see someone has
done a loose integration with RT at:
http://www.opennms.org/index.php/RT_Integration

Has anyone considered a tighter integration with either direct
access to the underlying database or at least something that
would maintain http links to the node if an event opens
an RT ticket and resolve both at once? Opennms also has
some database fields concerning the hardware assets (some
filled automatically via snmp) that would be very handy to
have a click away when resolving an RT ticket.

I suppose it is unlikely to get close integration with such
different products, but if http://wiki.java.net can run on
twiki (perl...) I guess anything can happen.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com