[rt-users] FastCGI and moving the DocumentRoot

John Arends jarends at uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 10 12:27:31 EST 2006

It appears most of the sample config files I've found through Googling
involve mod_perl and not FastCGI so I'm a bit at a loss here.

I want to move my RT instance to www.domain.com/rt/. I'm having a bit of
trouble doing so however because apache isn't happy with Alias and
ScriptAlias pointing to the same place.

#    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/ # commented out to use the Alias
below
Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     # Adding the following for RT (the ticket tracker)
     AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
     <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
       Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
       AllowOverride All

</Directory>
    # Pass through requests to for noauth
     Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
   #  ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
     ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

When restarting apache, I get this error:

Starting httpd: [Fri Nov 10 11:25:53 2006] [warn] The ScriptAlias
directive in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf at line 269 will probably never
match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

Any suggestions?

--
John Arends
jarends at uiuc.edu