[rt-users] Large rt install is slow

Scott J. Henson shenson at mix.wvu.edu
Fri Nov 10 16:50:32 EST 2006

We have a large rt3.4 install of about 70K tickets and
growing.  The larger the db grows, the slower it gets to the
point that its getting painful.  We have it running on
postgresql7.4 on a dual proc system with 4GB of ram.  The db
dump itself is only about 700MB.

Ive optimized the db to squeeze all the performance out of
it as possible, is there anything else that can be done?  It
seems that it comes down to rt just making a lot of queries.
 Most queries are down to a couple milliseconds, with a few
spiking to half a second.  I'm not a dba by far, but is
there anything I can do to get rt to perform better?  Thanks.

--
Scott Henson
LCSEE Systems Staff