[rt-users] RTFM articles content migration

Craig Green cgreen at sentex.net
Tue Nov 14 10:42:17 EST 2006

Luis Moreno wrote:
> Craig. Thanks for your answer.
>
> I re run the migrate script (migrate-2.0-to-2.1) just to verify, and I
> realice it is failing just before the importing articles (line 109), with
> this error:
>
> # perl -I/usr/lib/rt/ ./sbin/migrate-2.0-to-2.1
> [Mon Nov 13 13:01:30 2006] [crit]: RT::FM::Article::CurrentUserHasRight
> Unimplemented in RT::FM::ArticleCollection.
> (/usr/lib/rt//RT/FM/ArticleCollection_Overlay.pm line 38)
>  (/usr/lib/rt//RT.pm:295
>
> Any idea?

I've got all of 1 RT / RTFM install + upgrade under my belt.  I don't
exactly have a whole lot of experience to draw upon, so if you're not
seeing one of the exact issues I found and dealt with, it's pretty
unlikely that I can help.

Given that, and relying more on general Perl knowledge than on actual
RTFM experience, one of the issues I ran into was that the
migrate-2.0-to-2.1 script relies on code from your previous RTFM
installation.  If you've already installed (i.e. run 'make install')
RTFM-2.2.0RC4, then that old code is likely no longer present, and so
just re-running the script won't work.  I suggest this because it will
then fail when it tries to execute the missing code, and the resulting
error will look as it looks above.  In that case, you'll need to restore
the old RTFM code from backup or, possibly, the old RTFM version's
installation tarball before re-running the script.

At any rate, to be clear I don't really know and this, in the end, is
just a guess.  YMMV.

Good luck...

Craig.
------