[rt-users] cannot attach files to a ticket from the web interface

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Mon Nov 27 06:26:38 EST 2006

Hello.

We're using RT 3.6.1. My environment is as follows:

web# uname -rms
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 i386

web# pkg_info | grep rt-3
rt-3.6.1_1          RT is an industrial-grade ticketing system written
in Perl

web# pkg_info | grep apache
apache-2.2.3        Version 2.2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.

web# pkg_info | grep perl-
perl-5.8.8          Practical Extraction and Report Language

web# pkg_info | grep mod_perl
mod_perl2-2.0.2_1,3 Embeds a Perl interpreter in the Apache2 server

We're using RT in production and are happy with it. But there are
a couple of small problems that are hitting us:

1) attachment work only via email, but not via the web UI.
    Trying to attach a file via the web UI gives a blank page
    and the ticket is not modified in any ways.
2) searching by requestor gives an error, but searching the I
    found that is a known problem with a fix already. I'll email
    the fix
http://svn.bestpractical.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi/bps/revision?rev=5782
    to the FreeBSD port mantainer..

Unfortunatly, I can't seam to find any log about the error.. in fact
p5-Log-Dispatch-2.13 is broken due the new mod_perl2 API (at least
on FreeBSD)..

Can any kind soul help me out with problem #1, please?

Best regards.

--
Roberto