[rt-users] Approval system - Change Management

Sander van Knippenberg sander.van.knippenberg at nl.easynet.net
Wed Nov 29 07:56:45 EST 2006

Hi there,

The goal I am trying to establish is getting change management
implemented in RT 3.0.12. This actually means that tickets should be be
approved before the change request gets into the pending changes queue.

For this purpose I set up 4 queues:

Change - 1. Open for review

Change - 2. Awaiting Approval

Change - 3. Approved

The first one is for creation. The tickets here are reviewed and if they
contain enough information, the departments involved need to provide
approval before the change request is approved. Once approved the ticket
remains open in the Approved queue, until the change was implemented.
The ticket is then closed.

I find difficulties in getting approvals to work. I cannot really see
anything happening after I followed the instructions on these two pages.

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?action=revisions&page_name=Manua
lApprovals&revision_id=-1

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ApprovalCreation

Anyone else got any lucky in getting it to work?

With kind regards,

Sander van Knippenberg

--
MSc Sander van Knippenberg, Data Engineer NOC NL
Easynet Nederland B.V., Joop Geesinkweg 220, 1096 AV Amsterdam

T:  +31 (0) 20 7989826
F:  +31 (0) 20 7989805
E:  sander.van.knippenberg at nl.easynet.net
<mailto:sander.van.knippenberg at nl.easynet.net>

W: http://www.easynet.nl <http://www.easynet.nl/>

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this e-mail and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender of this email and then delete the
e-mail from your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not
use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author. Any statements
made, or intentions expressed in this communication may not necessarily
reflect the view of Easynet. No content herein will bind Easynet or any
associated company unless confirmed by the execution of a formal
contract by Easynet. Any figures or amounts given in this email are
quotations only and are subject to change. Although Easynet routinely
screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and any
attachments for viruses. Easynet makes no representation or warranty as
to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note
that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of our
customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from
our server(s).