[rt-users] Multiple Email Addresses

John Arends jarends at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:50:39 EST 2006

Do you all have any creative solutions for dealing with multiple email
addresses from the same person so you don't end up with two user
accounts per person? I see situations where someone has their email
client misconfigured so they send mail out as
username at mail.organization.com when most of the time they are
username at organization.com

We can probably use procmail examine and sometimes re-write email
addresses before they go into RT, but I was curious what others have
done. Part of my problem is there are many machines email may come from
bob at hisownbox.org.com, stan at mailserver1.org.com, etc