[rt-users] cannot attach files to a ticket from the web interface

Brian Gallew geek+rt at cmu.edu
Thu Nov 30 04:15:45 EST 2006

>> Jon Daley wrote:
>>>     I didn't really follow this conversation, so perhaps I missed
>>> something.  It isn't a problem with 3.6.1, as that is what I run,
>>> and attachments work fine.  (I hadn't ever tried an RTF before, but
>>> I just did, and it worked perfectly fine).
>>>     Are you emailing the attachment, or uploading it via the GUI?
>>> If it is email, perhaps there is something on that end, or a mime
>>> module that needs to be upgraded or something?
For me, neither the web UI nor the email gateway work for attachments.
The log shows nothing but complaints about using uninitialized values in
lots of components in the 3.6.1-native code.  Seeing the earlier
I've updated *everything* except for Perl itself (which is still 5.8.5)
and B::Concise.  According to CPAN, all other possible libraries are
up-to-date.  I've even gone so far as to edit and re-run factory to
regenerate the searchbuilder code in lib/RT.  All to no avail.  Any file
which contains a NULL is truncated at the first null leaving, e.g., PDFs
completely useless.