[rt-users] cannot attach files to a ticket from the web interface

Jon Daley bestpractical at jon.limedaley.com
Thu Nov 30 07:57:54 EST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Brian Gallew wrote:

> For me, neither the web UI nor the email gateway work for attachments.  The
> log shows nothing but complaints about using uninitialized values in lots of
> components in the 3.6.1-native code.  Seeing the earlier responses about
> possible bad versions in various supporting libraries, I've updated
> *everything* except for Perl itself (which is still 5.8.5) and B::Concise.
> According to CPAN, all other possible libraries are up-to-date.  I've even
> gone so far as to edit and re-run factory to regenerate the searchbuilder
> code in lib/RT.  All to no avail.  Any file which contains a NULL is
> truncated at the first null leaving, e.g., PDFs completely useless.

I run debian testing, though when I installed 3.6.1, it wasn't in testing
yet, so I think what I did was using the rt-installer, looked for each
package that it wanted, and installed the debian version of it.  And then
for anything that wasn't in debian, used cpan to install it.  I do have a
fair bit of stuff in /usr/local/share/perl, which I think is mostly from
RT, though I was playing around with webgui at one point.  I do use 5.8.8.

Now that 3.6.1 is in testing, I did check the requirements there to make
sure I have all the latest versions that it wants, even though I am still
running the downloaded source version of RT.

Probably a bit hacked up, at least for someone who doesn't run almost
anything if it doesn't come as a debian package.

PS. Hi Brian - haven't "talked" to you in a while - I just quoted you to
someone the other day about not knowing that Joe Swenson was the CEO of
DynaVox...