[rt-users] RT LDAP

David Chandek-Stark david.chandek.stark at duke.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:19:42 EDT 2006

I have implemented Jim Meyer's LDAP User overlay for RT, and it's
basically working, except that user info is only pulled from LDAP when
accounts are created, not on subsequent logins. I was assuming that the
module was designed to do this. Here's the config setting I have in my
RT_SiteConfig.pm:

# using WebExternalAuth, not LDAP, for auth
#Set($AuthMethods, ['LDAP', 'Internal']);
Set($LdapExternalAuth, 0);

# just want LDAP for info
Set($LdapExternalInfo, 1);
Set($LdapAutoCreateNonLdapUsers, 0);

Set($LdapAttrMap, {'Name' => 'uid',
                   'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                   'Organization' => 'ou',
                   'RealName' => 'cn',
                   'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid',
                   'Gecos' => 'uid',
                   'WorkPhone' => 'telephoneNumber',
                   'Address1' => 'postalAddress',
                   'Address2' => 'postOfficeBox'}
);
Set($LdapRTAttrMatchList, ['Name', 'EmailAddress', 'RealName']);
Set($LdapEmailAttrMatchList, ['mail']);
Set($LdapEmailAttrMatchPrefix, [''] );

# These are working, so am leaving out
Set($LdapServer, 'xxx');
Set($LdapBase, 'xxx');
Set($LdapFilter, 'xxx');

# anonymous
#Set($LdapUser, '');
#Set($LdapPass, '');

# don't need, but left in
Set($LdapDisableFilter, '(employmentStatus=Terminated)');

# no group auth
#Set($LdapGroup, 'cn=RT,ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com');
#Set($LdapGroupAttr, 'uniqueMember');

# not ssl
#Set($LdapTLS, 0);
#Set($LdapSSLVersion, 3);

I am I doing something wrong? I don't have other User Overlays, just a
default RT installation with the additions called for in the installation
procedure.

Thanks,
David

RT 3.6.1