[rt-users] rt 3.6 : apache2 configuration issues : answer mod-perl apache2 and rt_user issues with ubuntu

Manuel meschenbrenner at citilog.fr
Thu Oct 12 02:47:41 EDT 2006

Please forgive me it finally fell working...

My expectations were correct: mod-perl for apache2 package was not properly
installed.

I found it simply searching apache2 packages:

My apache2 installed synaptic packages:
- apache2
- apache2-common
- apache2-doc
- apache2-mpm-worker
- apache2-utils
- libapache2-mod-perl2
- libapache2-mod-perl2-dev

Then using the basic config file BUT reading author comment for apache2

<VirtualHost xx.yy.zz.nnn:pp>
	ServerName RTServer
	DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

	# next line was comment as it does not run
	# PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

	# Next line was uncomment and replace initial one
	PerlModule Apache2::compat

	Perlmodule Apache::DBI
	PerRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/RTerror.log
	LogLevel info
	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/RTaccess.log combined
	ServerSignature On

	<Location />
		SetHandler perl-script
		PerlHandler RT::Mason
	w/Location>
</VirtualHost>

Then I had some trouble with rt_user since underscore is not allowed in user
name with my ubuntu version.

I used rtuser instead, modifying RT_SiteConfig.pm to reflect this:

Set($DatabaseUser , 'rtuser');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'MyPwd');

I have still some problems login in RT but I get the RT login screen and the
initialize-database script was OK consequently I can read data in rt3 db
using MySQL commands.

Thank again for your tries to help.

Manuel