[rt-users] Whats the best way to involve external persons without loosing control over the ticket

Wolfgang.Fuertbauer at ebewe.com Wolfgang.Fuertbauer at ebewe.com
Fri Oct 13 02:05:43 EDT 2006

Taan,

I'm looking for a way not to change the ticket owner; in case of external
support,
I don't want to change the ticket owner to the external person; that's
what I mean with
"not loosing control".

* Shall we open a new ticket, make the external person the ticket owner an
link this new ticket as child to the original
* somewhere on the wiki there was a patch "split ticket" (before the wiki
got spammed again); any experience ?
* any other thought's

Thanks
Wolfgang

>For product support we set the ticket owner as the person who actually
>responds to the request (ie communicates with the customer), and include
>people who are required to add information to a ticket in order to
>resolve it as AdminCCs.
>
>Taan
>
>Wolfgang.Fuertbauer at ebewe.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'd like to ask for a "best practice":
>>
>> My help helpdesk shall alway have control over the ticket eg be the
owner;
>> on the other hand, they may need to involve additional persons (sub
>> contracters, ...)
>> What's the best way to bring them in the game ?
>>
>> Any suggestion welcome
>> Wolfgang

Wolfgang Fuertbauer (e-Mail: Wolfgang.Fuertbauer at ebewe.com)
EBEWE Pharma
Mondseestrasse 11
4866  Unterach, Austria
Tel +43 7665 8123 315    Mobile: +43 664 8397987
Fax +43 7665 8123 1487
http://www.ebewe.com