[rt-users] couldnot create database

bijayant kumar bijayant4u at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 02:26:02 EDT 2006

Hi to all,
                I am trying to install rt-3.6.1. I have a database dev-db/mysql-4.1.21. But when i am trying to run make initialize database i am getting this error

 srv rt-3.6.1 #  make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 287.
this script needs to connect to your mysql instance on  as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
readline() on closed filehandle SCHEMA_LOCAL at //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 192.
Transactions not supported by database at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux/DBI.pm line 1657.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

I have tried it number of times but every time it gives the same error. I have all the necessary packages. I have checked it with
make testdeps

Please help me... Thanks in advance

Bijayant Kumar