[rt-users] Does RT have some sort of markup language?

Dmitri Tikhonov dtikhonov at vonage.com
Fri Oct 20 16:26:04 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 19:43 +0000, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> I've noticed that RT destroys indentation when I submit tickets.  We do a
> lot of Python programming, so preserving indentation is important in many
> instances.  I poked around the RT wiki a bit but didn't see any sort of
> markup.  We naively tried <pre>...</pre> but that didn't seem to work.
>
> Documentation pointers greatly appreciated.

RT does not actually *destroy* the indentation -- it's just the way
messages are shown in the history display: HTML does not care about
whitespace.  If you click on '[Show]' link next to a comment it will
take you to attachment view where you can see all your indentation
preserved.

You can probably modify HTML to place <pre> tags around the comments
view.

  - Dmitri.