[rt-users] Removing AdminCC/status/owner from New Ticket dialogs.

Nigel Kersten nigel at cofa.unsw.edu.au
Mon Sep 11 18:13:07 EDT 2006

Hi there.

I've been poking around getting a new Request Tracker install going,
and it's all working wonderfully with LDAP authentication, auto-LDAP
user creation, customized RT At a Glance page, etc. Thanks to
everyone who has worked on RT and contributed documentation and
plugins to help me do all these things.

I'm primarily looking at RT so that my staff can report issues in our
computing labs, and then we can track and resolve such issues.

As my staff are both academics and artists... I need as simple and
clean an interface as possible... and was wondering whether it is
possible for me to remove the following fields from a New Ticket
dialog in a clean manner.

Status
Owner
CC
AdminCC

It would be excellent if I could work out how to remove these fields
for specific groups only, but I would settle for removing them
altogether from this view, and only having them exist in an Edit
Ticket dialog.

Any suggestions?

--
Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.