[rt-users] Can't get RT installed

Kevin McCann kmccann at epalscorp.com
Thu Sep 14 15:45:16 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I asked about this before, but no response, and I'm no further ahead, so
I guess I'll ask again and cross my fingers...

I have RT installed on an old box running RH 7.3. It was installed long
before I got here (in my current place of employment). I have  been
asked to move RT to a new box running Mandriva 2006. I have installed
all of the required Perl modules, and I finally got RT to built with no
errors. I have followed the install istructions properly, as far as I
can see. But when I try to start Apache, it fails.

In my apache2 config file, I have this:

   PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
   <Location />
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

When I have this line included:      PerlRequire
/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl   I get the following errors in the apache error
log file:

----------------
[Thu Sep 14 15:04:47 2006] [error]
Bareword "Apache2::Const::OK" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux/Apache2/Status.pm line 122.
Bareword "Apache2::Const::OK" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux/Apache2/Status.pm line 142.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux/Apache2/Status.pm line 233.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 210) line 2.

Stack:
[/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm:355]
[/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl:111]
Compilation failed in require at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web/Handler.pm line 130.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 2) line 1

When I comment that one line out, the errors go away and Apache starts
(but I don't have RT, of course).

Can *anyone* offer any help? Any ideas at all? I'm really stumped here.
I have moved all other services from the old box, this is the last
hurdle and it seems to be a doozy.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

- Kevin