[rt-users] RT selectively not sending email

Isaac Vetter ivetter at math.purdue.edu
Thu Sep 14 16:59:08 EDT 2006

Hello All,

There are some users that RT won't send email to, upon 'Reply'ing to a
ticket, these users, both as Requestors and as AdminCC's, are not listed
in the "This message will be sent to" box.

On a clean install (rt3.4.5, perl5.8.8, postgresql7.4, apache1.3,
solaris10) there are four autocreated users. Each user is a global
SuperUser, each user is a watcher in the default General queue. The same
two users are consistently not sent email. The other two users are
always sent email, both as Requestors and as AdminCC's.

"not sent email" means that they never receive email from RT and are
never listed on the "Update Ticket" page.

rt.log doesn't contain an error, even at [debug]. The default scrips are
in place. All four users are privileged, Global SuperUsers and AdminCC
Watchers on the queue.

I'm at my wit's end, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac Vetter