[rt-users] RT selectively not sending email

Isaac Vetter ivetter at math.purdue.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:42:44 EDT 2006

All,

Sorry for answering my own post. My problem was with the
$RTAddressRegexp value in RT_SiteConfig.pm.

As I understand it, this variable is used to avoid creating email loops
by not sending email to any addresses that match the regex stored in
this variable.

This was my regex:
 '^[systems|helpdesk|webmaster].*\@domain.edu$'

It was meant to catch systems at domain.edu, helpdesk at domain.edu,
helpdesk-comment at domain.edu,  helpdesk-web at domain.edu,
helpdesk-web-comment at domain.edu, helpdesk-project at domain.edu,
webmaster at domain.edu, etc ...

Perl regex character classes are character based, not string based
(duh). So if the characters in the email address were also in
[systemshelpdeskwebmaster], the user would not get email. What I meant,
and what is currently working, is this:

 '^systems|helpdesk|webmaster.*\@domain.edu$'

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Isaac Vetter