[rt-users] writing a custom ticket submission form..?

Andrew Nicols a.nicols at lancs.ac.uk
Thu Sep 21 10:06:08 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, amy.rich at tufts.edu <amy.rich at tufts.edu> wrote:

> We want to start tracking change request documents in RT.  In order to do
> this, we want to create a custom form that has multiple input textarea
> boxes
> to make sure that we collect all of the necessary information.  I'd like
> massage the data from all of those input boxes and make it the body of an
> RT
> ticket.  What's the best way to go about this without using the RT mail
> interface?

Hi,

You could use the RT::Client::REST interface if you're using perl on the
server handling the form submission (found on CPAN).

Alternatively, you could use the Offline upload form and write a handler for
it in the language of your choice.
I wrote something for php but I haven't found a nice way of getting php to
submit a form via either a POST or GET method without re-directing you to
the page itself, so I've ended up hacking something together opening the
socket directly - not very nice, and doesn't give nice errors.

As a third route, you could try and write a REST handler in the language of
your choice if one doesn't exist already.

--
Regards,

Andrew Nicols