[rt-users] greetings, newbie here and a question

Judson Main jmain at ssmg.org
Thu Sep 21 13:11:59 EDT 2006

 I'm taken over delopment of upgrading/modifying RT in our security shop.
I upgraded successfully to 3.6.1 with apache 2.0.58, php 5, mod_perl
(adjusted webmux.pl), and so on.  Now working on the mods.  I've
already found the way to include "pending customer" as one of the
options on the main page (i.e. new, open, pending customer) as
requested by my managers.

i've received some other, very unusual requests.  The most curious one is
to create a new queue (easy), that is populated automatically by
tickets upon resolution.

This queue will be called something like "peer review".  Resolved
tickets aren't actually resolved, they are automagically placed in this
queue, where a peer must review the ticket first before resolution.

Weird, eh?

Now, it may be that a queue is not the optimal solution.  Maybe a
new category, like new, open, review, pending customer.

However, I'm thikning that a queue, called Peer Review, can be populated
automagically upon resolution via a custom scrip, which dumps all resolved
tickets into the queue, and if the peer determines something additional
must be done, can choose to reopen the ticket.

Am I on the right track here?

Thanks folks.  Any advice is much appreciated.