[rt-users] Moving RT off of the root URL

Uldis Koskins bro at latnet.lv
Mon Sep 25 10:45:07 EDT 2006

Frank Saxton wrote:
> Well, it's the "blah, blah, blah" that I need help with.  I'm not the
> brightest guy in the world but if it was a simple one line change I
> wouldn't be wasting everyone's time.
>
> I spent a couple of days trying all types of different combinations and
> got it close to working but there were always problems.  Since I assume
> that very few people here are running RT off of the root URL, I figured
> it would be faster to just ask the experts here.  That was 3 weeks ago....
>
> My current httpd config is at the bottom and my RT_SiteConfig.pm is
> plain vanilla, per the install instructions.
>
> I've done this with earlier versions of 3.4 and older RT with no
> problems, making a couple of simple alias changes.  Apparently something
> changed in the way Best Practical built 3.5 or 3.6.  I wouldn't care so
> much except that the current ScriptAlias setting breaks all of the other
> web sites on this server :(
>
> Having a great deal of difficulty getting anyone to help me with this.

im running 3.6 here, so maybe u could try this thingie :)

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 360 -processes 2
<VirtualHost this.is.my.ip>
ServerName bigserver.com
DocumentRoot /bigservers_stuff
<Directory /bigservers_stuff>
  AllowOverride All
</Directory>
#<-- rt stuff
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
</Directory>
Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
ScriptAlias /theplacewhereiwanttoseeRT/ /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
<Directory /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/>
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
        Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>
#--> rt stuff end