[rt-users] Moving RT off of the root URL

Frank Saxton frankie at easyrider.com
Mon Sep 25 22:13:21 EDT 2006

At 07:45 AM 9/25/2006, Uldis Koskins wrote:
>Frank Saxton wrote:
> > Well, it's the "blah, blah, blah" that I need help with.  I'm not the
> > brightest guy in the world but if it was a simple one line change I
> > wouldn't be wasting everyone's time.
> >
> > I spent a couple of days trying all types of different combinations and
> > got it close to working but there were always problems.  Since I assume
> > that very few people here are running RT off of the root URL, I figured
> > it would be faster to just ask the experts here.  That was 3 weeks ago....
> >
> > My current httpd config is at the bottom and my RT_SiteConfig.pm is
> > plain vanilla, per the install instructions.
> >
> > I've done this with earlier versions of 3.4 and older RT with no
> > problems, making a couple of simple alias changes.  Apparently something
> > changed in the way Best Practical built 3.5 or 3.6.  I wouldn't care so
> > much except that the current ScriptAlias setting breaks all of the other
> > web sites on this server :(
> >
> > Having a great deal of difficulty getting anyone to help me with this.
>
>im running 3.6 here, so maybe u could try this thingie :)
>
>FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
>FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 360 -processes 2
><VirtualHost this.is.my.ip>
>ServerName bigserver.com
>DocumentRoot /bigservers_stuff
><Directory /bigservers_stuff>
>   AllowOverride All
></Directory>
>#<-- rt stuff
>AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
><Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
>         AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
></Directory>
>Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
>ScriptAlias /theplacewhereiwanttoseeRT/ /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
><Directory /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/>
>         SetHandler fastcgi-script
>         Options +ExecCGI
></Directory>
>#--> rt stuff end
></VirtualHost>
>
>--
>Regards,
>Uldis Koskins

Thanks very much for getting back to me.  Here's mine which works
fine as http://localhost
The only big difference I see is changing ScriptAlias, which I did
and it sort of, kind of worked, but not really.  Jesse indicated that
this is a bug in the code and if you're not seeing the problem in 3.6
then it must be only 3.6.1 that has the problem.

I've invested/wasted a lot of time working on this with no success so
it's sounding like the solution is to wait for the next release.

Very much appreciate your help though!

Alias /rt/ "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120 -processes 4

NameVirtualHost *:80
   <VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName patrol.vigilancemonitoring.com
     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html/
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
     AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
   </VirtualHost>
   <Directory "/opt/rt3/share/html">
       Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
       AllowOverride None
   </Directory>
    Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images
    ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/