[rt-users] ACE to Suppress History display

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:26:06 EDT 2007

Hi All,

Is there and ACL Right (or combination of rights) that I can use to take
away the ability of a user to display ticket history?  When we send our
user a link so that he can check the status of his ticket, we do not want
him looking at the ticket history.  If we do allow him to see the history
we are going to get endless "What does it mean when it says...?"
questions.  All the user needs to know is that the ticket exists, its
status, some dates - the basic stuff.  The RT Book wasn't much help for me
and I haven't been able to make this happen through trial and error.

A little bit more on this:
When the ticket is created, a login password is generated for the user and
he gets an acknowledgement e-mail with a link to the ticket and his login
credentials.  So he already has the rights to login to RT and see his
ticket (the ShowTicket right is granted to Requestor in the queue).  It
just shows him more than we want him to see.

Thanks,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC