[rt-users] 500 Internal Server Error

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:22:43 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am a new member of this list.

I am trying to set up rt-3.6.3 for my IT setup. The OS on which I am trying this setup is Fedora Core 3. FC3 by default comes with Apache2 and mod_perl1.99. So I installed a separate instance of Apache2 with mod_perl2.0.3 from source. This Apache instance listens at a nonstandard port 8086. After following the steps as per the document to install rt-3.6.3 and after configuring the apache configuration file for the rt3 web interface, when I point my browser to http://<hostname>:8086/rt3 , I get the "500 internal server error". The Apache error_log file lists the following error:

[Thu Apr 19 15:37:17 2007] [error] [client ip_address] Can't locate object method "content_type" via package "Apache2::RequestRec" at /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 108.\n

I would be grateful if I get some suggestions for resolving this problem.

Thanks in advance

Yogesh