[rt-users] Problems with scrips modifying custom filed values

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Apr 19 12:24:51 EDT 2007

Hi Silvana,

Since you're suspecting that an extra transaction might be causing your
problem, you probably need to find out what that extra transaction is.  The
easiest way I've found to do this is to go into your rt3 database and look
for the transaction number (from the rt log) in the Transactions table (I
like Toad for accessing mysql from Windows).  The Type, Field, OldValue,
and NewValue fields should get you started.  Don't be tempted to make any
changes, though.

You also might want to double-check that the condition code in "scrip Y" is
producing TRUE only when the first custom field changes value (not when any
custom field changes):
   { my $x = 7; return ($self->TransactionObj->Type eq 'CustomField') &&
($self->TransactionObj->Field == $x); }
where $x is the field number for the first custom field.

Good luck!
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC