[rt-users] Re: [initialize database] Segmentation fault Problem

Randy Thompson rthompson at handmark.com
Fri Apr 20 16:42:17 EDT 2007

Don Beethe wrote:
>  Check your RT_SiteConfig.pm for LogToDir and LogToFile... I was
> thinking I saw this and once I configured that, it worked.

Thanks, Don!

You at least got me going in the right direction.  I couldn't find an
entry for LogToDir - you probably meant LogDir. Anyway, this led me to a
post by Lidio Presutti that showed the following changes to
RT_SiteConfig.pm:*
*

Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
Set($LogToFile      , undef);

Set($LogToSyslog    , undef);
Set($LogToFile      , 'debug');

I made the following changes in RT_SiteConfig.pm from the defaults to:

#  Mail loops will generate a critical log message.
Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
Set($LogToFile      , 'info');
Set($LogDir, '/opt/rt3/var/log');
Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");    #log to rt.log

This got me to thinking about `rt.log`, too.  So, I did a `touch /opt/rt3/var/log/rt.log` and changed the ownership to the rt
user and the group rt.

After that, everything just kind of fell into place.  Thanks, again!

Randy Thompson